Monday, March 20, 2017

Yeats



http://www.yeatsvision.com/daimon.html

The Greeks, a certain scholar has told me, considered that myths are the activities of the Daimons, and that the Daimons shape our characters and our lives. I have often had the fancy that there is some one myth for every man, which, if we but knew it, would make us understand all he did and thought. 

At Stratford on Avon






What marks upon the yielding clay? Two marks
Made by my feet, two by my daimon’s feet
But all confused because my marks and his
Are on the selfsame spot, his toes
Where my heels fell, for he and I
Pausing a moment in our headlong flight
Face opposite ways, my future being his past.

Images II

‘there is a deep enmity between a man and his destiny’, yet ‘a man loves nothing but his destiny’ (Myth</).
Per Amica Silentia Lunae 


No comments:

Post a Comment