Saturday, June 24, 2017

Linkage.




The Sixth Invocation
(from Tannhauser by A. Crowley)
Isis art thou, and from thy life are fed
All showers and suns, all moons that wax and wane,
All stars and streams, the living and the dead,
The mystery of pleasure and of pain
Thou art the mother, thou the speaking sea
Thou art the earth, and its fertility,
Life, death, love, hatred, light, darkness return to thee
To Thee!
Hathoor am I, and to my beauty drawn
All glories of the Universe bow down,
The blossom and the mountain and the dawn
Fruits blush, and women, our creations crown
I am the priest, the sacrifice, the shrine
I the love and life of the divine
Life, death, love, hatred, light, darkness are surely mine,
Are Mine!
Venus art thou, the love and light of earth,
The wealth of kisses, the delight of tears
The barren pleasures never came to birth,
The endless infinite delight of years.
Thou art the shrine at which my long desire
Devoured me with intolerable fire.
Thou wert song, music, passion, death upon my lyre--
My lyre.
I am the flame and fuel of thy breast
I am the star of God upon thy brow;
*mI am the queen, enraptured and possessed,
Hide thee sweet river, welcome to thee, sea
Ocean of love that shall encompass thee
Life, death, love, hatred, light, darkness return to me--
To me!

No comments:

Post a Comment